Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Nick Drake Covers


My post the other week on Nick Drake got me listening to a whole bunch of Nick Drake, but also got me listening to a whole bunch of Nick Drake covers. I had no idea that I owned so many, but I guess that is a downside of a culture where everything is available at the click of a button, you take and take and take and it becomes easy lose track of what you actually have.

I have gathered together some of my favorite Drake covers below. If you enjoy the Damien Jurado song, may I recommend you seek out the full five track 'EP' of Nick Drake songs that he made which is floating around out there. Not posted below, but also worth mentioning are Swans' cover of 'Black Eyed Dog', Elton John's Joe Boyd produced demos from 1968 and Christopher O'Riley's classical piano take on the work of Nick Drake, 'Second Grace'.


MP3: Damien Jurado - Rider On The Wheel (Nick Drake Cover)
MP3: Beck - Pink Moon (Nick Drake Cover)
MP3: Iron & Wine - Place To Be (Nick Drake Cover)
MP3: Lucinda Williams - Which Will (Nick Drake Cover)

Previously on SOTR: Nick Drake

1 comment:

Hanan said...

thanks for these!