Friday, October 30, 2009

Arborea


Writing a music blog you get whole load of emails from PR companies and bands who want you to write about their stuff. I try and listen to everything I get sent, but if I am to be honest, I like very little of what I hear. Every once in a while, however, I receive some communications about an artist that I do like, who to my ears sound great and who I am really happy to write about.

Case in point: Arborea, the husband and wife duo, Buck and Shanti Curran, from deep in the Western Maine woodlands who make low key, atmospheric folk music. Their latest album latest House of Sticks was released in February this year and builds on their two previous full length releases with a set of authentic and resonant recordings. 

In 2009 Arborea also curated and produced a compilation for the UN World Food Program, entitled Leaves of Life. Highlights of which include contributions form Alela Diane with Mariee Sioux ("The Cuckoo"), Devendra Banhart ("Hotel St. Sebastian (demo)") and Micah Blue Smaldone ("The Clearing").
 
MP3: Arborea - Beirut
MP3: Arborea - Dark Is The Night (In The Wind)

Arborea on Myspace
Support The Artist. Buy.Buy.Buy.

No comments: