Thursday, October 29, 2009

Townes


Recently while set on shuffle, my iPod keeps playing tracks from the Steve Earle album Townes, which in turn keeps reminding me of how much I love the songwriting of Townes Van Zandt.

Earle, who famously proclaimed "Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the whole world, and I’ll stand on Bob Dylan’s coffee table, in my cowboy boots, and say that”, recorded Townes as a tribute to his mentor and friend, and the album features fifteen Van Zandt originals and contains some really interesting arrangements of some of the great songwriters best loved songs.

MP3: Townes Van Zandt - Colorado Girl
MP3: Steve Earle - Colorado Girl
MP3: Townes Van Zandt - No Place To Fall
MP3: Steve Earle - No Place To Fall

Townes Van Zandt on Myspace
Steve Earle on Myspace
Support The Artist. Buy.Buy.Buy

Previously On SOTR: Townes Van Zandt
Previously on SOTR: Heartworn Highways

No comments: