Thursday, July 20, 2006

All I Want To Do Is Turn Around...

With 2006 more than half way gone and eager bloggers all over the world compiling their lists of the 'best albums of the year... so far', I thought, rather than go the full way, I'd post a couple of my favorite songs of the year so far.



My first choice and winner of the prize for the single song that i have listened to most this year according to my iTunes is 'White Daisy Passing' by Rocky Votolato. A Seattle based singer/songwriter, Rocky Votolato moves in similar circles (both musically and literally) to other Sweetheart Of The Radio favorites Damien Jurado and J.Tillman. 'White Daisy Passing' is from the album Makers.



My second selection is 'Funeral' by Band Of Horses, a band born out of the ashes of the much loved Carissa's Weird. A favorite with bloggers at the beginning of the year, 'Funeral' is the stand out track from their debut album Everything All The Time.


Download: Rocky Votolato - White Daisy Passing (MP3)
Watch: Rocky Votolato - White Daisy Passing (Video)

Download: Band Of Horses - Funeral (MP3)
Watch: Band Of Horses - Funeral (Video)
Listen To: Band Of Horses - KEXP Live Session

Website: rockyvotolato.com
myspace: myspace.com/rockyvotolato

Website: bandofhorses.com
myspace: myspace.com/bandofhorses

No comments: