Tuesday, July 08, 2008

I Must Be In A Good Place Now


One of my favorite records so far this year has been the Vetiver covers album 'Thing Of The Past'. The stand out track for me being their version of the Bobby Charles song 'I Must Be In A Good Place Now'.

The original, taken from Charles' 1972 self-titled album, would not sound out of place on 'Music From Big Pink' or 'The Band' - indeed Charles' backing band at this time included Rick Danko, Garth Hudson and Levon Helm.

MP3: Bobby Charles - I Must Be In A Good Place Now
MP3: Vetiver - I Must Be In A Good Place Now

Vetiver on Myspace
Bobby Charles on Myspace

Support The Artist. Buy. Buy. Buy.

1 comment:

Albert Freeman said...

Hey there, thanks for posting the Bobby Charles mp3. Vetiver's version is one of my favourite cover versions of 2008, and it's good to hear the original!